06.15-07:15 - Pick up from various hotels in Bangkok, depending upon the hotel location and transfer to the River Shopping Complex for the Air-Conditioned Coach.
08:00 - Depart Bangkok to Ayuthaya, passing through many main parts of the Angel City. Along the way, you will see an agricultural country
09:30 - Arrive at the Bang Pa-In Summer Palace
, built during the Ayuthaya era. The palace is beautifully decorated in both traditional Chinese and European style.
See the beautiful Aisawanthipaya- Art Pavillion, the unique Chinese-style hall with a vast collection of Thai, Chinese, and European artifacts, as well as many other
outstanding monuments. The palace itself is a pretty garden with plenty of rare flowers.
10:30 - Arrive at the Ayutthaya
, the Ancient city, which was the former Thai capital for over 400 years. The prosperous city used to dominate trade in Asia as well as
being the center of trade between Thailand and many European countries, including Britain, France and Holland.
Nowadays the glory and the beauty of the grand palace and Temples in the past vanished leaving merely a glimpse of ruins, despite this it is a good reflection of the past.
River sun brings you a combination of both the ruins and the remaining historical attractions.
- Wat Maha That
. Over 600 years old, Wat Maha That was the heart and soul of the Ayuthaya people. It was almost completely destroyed by the Burmese during
- Wat Na Phra Men
: Remains in perfect conditions, as it was used as the Burmese headquarters. The splendid Golden Buddha, dressed in regal attire, was place in the
temple a long with the three thousand year old green stone carved Buddha. Both are considered as extremely valuable national relics.
- Wat Lokayasutharam
has a mysterious past, hereby its origins are unknown. The temple enshrines a Largest Reclining Buddha Image which was built during the Early
period of the Ayuthaya Region. The other two ancient temple, as well as the ruined site also surround the compound area.
12:30 - Depart Wat Lokayasutharam for the River Sun Cruise, at the river sun Traditional Thai style pier at Wat Chong Lom
: "Delicious meals served in the luxurious surroundings of the cruise boat".
- A full menu of Thai and European cuisines, desserts, seasonal fruits, coffee, and tea
- Coffee Break
- Throughout the journey you are able to watch the Chao Phraya River banks scenery from the River Sun Cruise
, either on deck in the fresh cool tropical air or from the
refreshing air-conditioned passenger room. Either view you get an amazing clear view of the life of the inhabitants that dwell along the river, and the unforgettable scenery
of children as they great the visitors going by, making it an altogether worthwhile experience.
- Arrive at the city, the atmosphere and scenery shifts dramatically from the Thai-Style housed decorated with colorful flowers to the modern structures of downtown Bangkok.
- Pass the Royal Grand Palace
. The golden gild reflects the shimmering light from the Chao Phraya River, giving a unique impression unobtainable from land.
- Pass by Wat Arun (The temple of Dawn)
. The glorious Wat Arun stands with serenity and charm, the light reflecting off the Chinese porcelain creates an astonishing view
from the river. The temple was the former palace when the Thai capital of Ayuthaya was replaced by Thonburi.
16:30 - Arrive Bangkok and disembark at the RIVER CITY SHOPPING COMPLEX, and transfer you back to your hotel.
Price per person:
The above rates are based on Joined Tour (Minimum 2 persons)
- Pick up and drop off at the hotel in Bangkok downtown
- Transportation in A/C Coach and Boat Trip
- Sightseeing as described
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- Proper Dress Code is necessary: Shirts or T-shirts with sleeves; Pants, Trousers, or Skirts must cover the knees.
Now until Further Notice
- Joined (Min 2 persons) or Private Tour (1-5 persons)
- Price in Thai Baht
- Child (under 8 years old & height less than 100 cm): 75% of the adult price
- For Group, please contact us.